Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nearing completion on the Morgan Relief!

Nearly completed!

This thing is just buzzing along! I love it when a project really clicks all the way through. I still have a lot of tweaking, smoothing, and detailing to do but it's all in place now! The flowers still need the most work.

This photo gives you an idea of the thickness of the piece, approx 1" at the thickest area.

The only undercut area is the ear. There just was no way around that. I had fiddled with different ways to make it not be that way but this is the way it looks best. So for the ceramic edition I will mold it as a separate piece and attach each one, or block in behind it with clay when I mold it, and clean it out on each one. I'm not sure which one will be easier. The other option is to add a small piece behind it and create a 3 piece mold. For the resin edition there is no real issue with it since the rubber flexes.

The dreaded undercut.

I hope to have release information in the near future! Stay tuned!


No comments: